Hi Clearsnap fans! Lisa Marie Jimenez here today to show you how to make this fun and festive Father’s Day Gift Tin using ColorBox® pigment inks. This year give dad a handmade gift tin that he can use all year long. I chose to do a fishing theme for my tin and added fishing lures and fishing line inside the tin. Let’s see how I did this project:
- ColorBox® Cat’s Eye 5 Pack: Nature; Olive, Merlot, Abyss
- Top Boss® Embossing Stamp Pad, Clear
- ColorBox® Embossing Powder, Copper
- Clearsnap® Wood Stamp, Trout
- ColorBox® Art Daubers (2)
- Large Tin Box: 5” x 4”
- Scrapbook Paper, Fishing Lures & Stripes
- Colored Pencil, Green
- “Dad” Stamp
- Jute Ribbon, ¼” wide
- Jute String
- Wired Jute Ribbon, 1.5” wide
- Silk Ribbon, Green, ½” wide
- Paper Tag, 3.5” x 2”
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Straight Edge Blade
- Paper Cutter
- Floral Wire
How to make this Father’s Day Gift Tin
1. Cut two strips, 1.5 inches wide of the striped paper. Mark a line at the center of the short outer sides of the bottom of the tin. Cut each strip to wrap half way around each side of the tin, having two seams on either short side. Glue paper in place and set aside to dry.
2. Place the lid of the tin face down on the backside of the lure paper and trace the lid. Cut out using scissors. Glue the paper to the top side of the lid. Set aside to dry.
3. When the paper in Step 1 & 2 is completely dry, carefully use a straight edge blade to trim off the excess paper from the edges. If needed reapply glue to the edges of the paper.
4. Using the Embossing Stamp Pad, stamp the Trout image onto the paper tag. Sprinkle the copper Embossing Powder over image and remove excess. Then heat with embossing tool. Add a little green color to the image with a green pencil.
6. Distress the edges of the lure paper on the lid, by using an Art Dauber and the Olive ink. Glue the jute ribbon (1/4”) to the outer rim of the lid.
7. Make a bow using the wired jute ribbon and the green silk ribbon. Glue to the top corner of the lid. Tie the “Dad” tag to the bow using the jute string.
Your Father’s Day gift tin is ready to fill with goodies. Best of all the box can be used later to store special items in. This project can also be customized for other occasions too, such as birthdays or weddings. What theme would you use for this project?
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my project. To see more of my diy craft and jewelry projects, please visit my blog.