Happy New Year! I’ve made several crafty resolutions for 2017. My goals include staying organized, using my stash, and getting better at hand lettering. I’m highly motivated this month, so I thought I would challenge myself to tackle my goals head on. I created a 2017 planner from scratch and it wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I’m sharing a peek inside my planner today along with some tips and tricks.
- Classic Size Blank Planner Pages (5.5 x 8.5 Inches)
- 2 – White-Lined Cardboard Pieces Cut to 5×5 x 8.5 Inches
- ColorBox® Pigment Ink by Teresa Collins – Gold Shine
- ColorBox® Gold Embossing Powder
- Black Marker and Pen
- Hole Punch
- ColorBox® Chalk Paintbox – Mercantile
- ColorBox® Chalk Ink – Clover
- 2 – ColorBox® Art Daubers
- ColorBox® Chalk Cat’s Eye® Ink Pad – Butter
- ColorBox® Cat’s Eye® Adapter Set
- Binder Rings
- My First ColorBox® Mini Stamps – Family, School
- Clearsnap® Skinny Wood Mount Stamps – Candle, Confetti, Solid
- ColorBox® Mini Art Screens – Party, Floral, Numbers
- Teresa Collins Wood Mount Stamps – Be Fearless
- Three Inch Wood Mounts Stamps – Flag, Flourish
Watch this video to see how to make a planner:
Begin by designing the covers of the planner. Use a hole punch to punch holes down the inner side of both the front and back covers of the planner. Then, use the Numbers Art Screen and a pencil to lightly stencil the year onto the bottom right corner of the cover. Next, use the Floral Art Screen with a black marker to apply a leaf design to the covers.
Designer Tip: Flip and rotate the Art Screen to create a more interesting design.
Once the leaf design is transferred to both covers, use an Art Dauber to apply Clover Chalk Ink over the top of each stenciled leaf. Add a touch of glamor to the front cover. Use an Art Dauber to apply gold ink over the stenciled year on the front cover. Sprinkle the wet ink with Gold Embossing Powder and apply heat to set.
Fill the blank planner pages with weekly and monthly calendar spreads, journal pages, and inspirational quotes. Fasten the planner together with binder rings.
Start the year strong with an inspirational stamped title page! Use a pen to trace around the 3-inch Wood Mount Stamp to create a frame. Apply ColorBox® Chalk Ink to the Be Fearless Stamp and press it into the center of the frame.
Categorize the weekly calendar pages by color. Apply Butter Chalk Ink to the Solid Skinny Wood Mount Stamp and press over each date to create colored blocks. Attach the Cat’s Eye Ink Pad to the Adapter and gently add color to the bottom of each weekly calendar page.
Apply ColorBox® Chalk Ink to My First ColorBox® Mini Stamps to embellish calendar dates. (I absolutely love the happy Family stamp set! I use the different stamps to help keep family member obligations designated.) Hand write notes and important events.
Thanks for stopping by today! I’d love to see how you stay organized! Share your planner spreads in the I Heart Clearsnap Facebook Group!