Hello, Crafty Peeps. This week I want to share a technique I use to create an embossed metallic card base without foil. Combining dry embossing (using embossing folder only) with wet embossing (also called heat embossing) is a wonderful way to create interesting and unique embossed metallic cards. This double embossing technique is fast, easy, and inexpensive.
A bold sentiment like the Teresa Collins® Be Fearless Wood Mounted Stamp and metallic embossed embellishments (like the dress form) keep the design balanced. I also used ColorBox® “Yellow Citrus” Cat’s Eye Chalk Ink to add brightness and light to my layered background. Light embellishments and accent colors counter the heaviness of the metallics.
- ColorBox® Cat’s Eye Chalk Ink Pads: Yellow Citrus, Burnt Sienna
- Teresa Collins™ ColorBox® Pigment Ink Pad: Fiesty Red
- ColorBox® Top Boss™Clear Embossing Ink
- ColorBox® Embossing Powder: Copper
- ClearSnap® Teresa Collins Wood Mount Stamps: Be Fearless and Love
- Teresa Collins™ Collection A4 Embossing Folder: Twill Herringbone
- Teresa Collins™”Now and Then” 6″x6″ Designer Pad
- Die cutting/embossing machine capable of accepting A4 (8.27″ x 11.69″) Folders (note: you may use a smaller embossing folder)
- Cream Card Stock (5-1/4″ x 3-1/2″)
- Kraft Card Stock (51/2″ x 11″) Finished Card will measure 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Dies: Word Bubble, Dress Form (or dies of your choice)
- Ribbon, Glue, Double-sided Foam Tape or squares
- Paper Trimmer
- Heat Gun
Use the Teresa Collins Twill Herringbone Folder to Dry emboss the front of your card base
Apply Top Boss® Embossing ink to the embossed design.
Cover the wet embossing ink with ColorBox® Copper Embossing Powder.
Tap off the excess powder and apply heat.
Decorate your front layer and affix to your base. I chose to only create the embossed metallic look for the bottom half of my card.
I brought the metallic theme to the interior of the project by heat embossing the edges of my conversation bubble with the ColorBox®Copper Embossing Powder. The Teresa Collins™ “Love” sentiment was stamped with Teresa Collins™Fiesty Red Pigment Ink and embossed with ColorBox® Clear Embossing Powder.
Happy Crafting! Hope you give this technique a try and share your results with us in our monthly color challenge!