Hi Clearsnap fans! My name is Lisa Marie and I am a planner junkie! My weekly layouts are coordinated and fun. This Boho Planner Pocket Insert is perfect to hold stickers and notes I am using during the week. I made this insert using Teresa Collins Ink by ColorBox® and her embossing folders by Craftwell. The embossing folder pattern matches the graphic paper I used in this project perfectly. In this tutorial I will show you how to apply an embossed image to paper without the use of a machine. Let’s see how I did it.
- Teresa Collins Ink by Colorbox®, Loft Black
- Teresa Collins Wood Mount Stamp, Be Fearless, Butterfly Words
- Teresa Collins Embossing Folder by Craftwell, Twill Herringbone
- Boho Patterned Scrapbooking Paper, 12×12”
- Cardstock Paper, 8.5 x 11”, Cream
- Cardstock Paper, 8.5 x 11”, Turquoise
- Washi Tape
- Rubber Mallet
- Round Hole Punch
Instructions to Make Boho Planner Pocket Insert:
1. Cut cream cardstock to the size 5.50 inches x 7 inches. Next cut the scrapbook pattern paper into two sections the same size as the cardstock. Glue the pattern paper onto each side of the cardstock.
Next stamp the “Be Fearless” stamp on the back side of the paper using the Loft Black Ink.
3. Fold long side of the turquoise cardstock in half. You will have an 8.50 inch high x 5.50 inch wide piece. Cut folded piece to 4 inches high. Next cut the top of the paper in an angle. See pictures for reference.
4. Next we will be doing a letterpress technique to apply the embossed image onto the paper. This method is perfect if you don’t have an embossing machine or if the embossing folders are too large to fit into your existing machine. Place the paper into the Twill Herringbone embossing folder. Line up the pattern as to how you want it placed on the paper. Place the folder onto a hard surface, such as a wood work table. Use the rubber mallet to “hammer” the top of the folder over the paper. It is best to work in sections so you don’t miss a spot.
5. To form a pocket, measure the bottom of the cardstock and mark 0.25 inches across the bottom. Fold the paper on this line. Do the same for the sides of the paper. Apply glue to the side and bottom fold and place the pocket onto the stamped paper, wrapping it around both sides.
6. Adorn your insert with washi tape and then punch holes in the insert to match your planner binding.
Now you have a place to store your goodies in your planner. I have made several of these to coordinate with my weekly layouts. They are fun and easy to do and using Teresa Collins Inks and Wood Mount Stamps. Teresa Collins wood stamps are so cute and there are so many to choose from. Which one will you chose for your next project?