It’s a bright happy day here, day 4 of our week long hop with Eye Connect Crafts. We hope you’ve been inspired by the projects from our teams so far. Be sure to go through all the posts on each blog and leave comments to enter to win a prize pack from Eye Connect Crafts and Clearsnap – we’re choosing two winners this weekend. Today we’re sharing a colorful mixed media card tutorial by Jennifer Priest:
This mixed media card features Smooch Accent Ink, ColorBox Spritzers, and Izink to make an iridescent impact.
I got this super cute EyeConnect Crafts Lace-Up Rain Cloud that I knew would be perfect for an uplifting, almost pop-up style card with lots of mixed media techniques and ink-layering.
- Smooch® Glitz – Frost
- Smooch® Accent Ink – Dew
- Smooch® Accent Ink – Illuminate
- Smooch® Accent Ink – Coastal
- ColorBox®Spritzers – Glacier Lake
- ColorBox® Spritzers – Mermaid
- Izink – Volubilis
- ColorBox® Pigment Ink Pad – Royal Blue
- ColorBox® Pigment Ink Pad – Frost White
- ColorBox® Stephanie Barnard Sprays! – Grape
- ColorBox® Pearl Rain Spray
- EyeConnect Crafts Lace-Up Rain Cloud
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L – 3D Foam Squares, White
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L – Crafty Power Tape
- Watercolor Paper
- Silver Twine
- ColorBox® Color Catcher
- ColorBox® Stylus and Tips Set
- ColorBox® Art Screens – Zig Zag
- ColorBox® Teresa Collins Wood Mount Stamp – “Be Fearless”
- Heat Gun
I set up a ColorBox® Color Catcher to act as a “spray booth” to protect my tabletop from over spray while I worked with Izink, ColorBox® Spritzers, ColorBox® Stephanie Barnard Dye Ink Sprays!, and Smooch® Accent Ink to color the EyeConnect Crafts chipboard pieces.
I cut a card base from watercolor paper and generously spritzed the paper with water and ColorBox Spritzers. allowing the ink to form drips like falling rain.
I stamped a sentiment using a ColorBox® Teresa Collins Wood Mount Stamp – “Be Fearless” and ColorBox® Pigment Ink Pad – Royal Blue.
Then I added splatters of ink to the whole card by removing the sprayer and tapping the straw end of the NEW ColorBox® Pearl Rain Spray.
There are so many more techniques that I used in this mixed media card that I figured it’s easiest to just SHOW them to you. See them all in action in this tutorial video:
Thanks for watching! Have you tried mixed media techniques on your cards? Let us know in the comments!
Before you go, be sure to enter our giveaway and check out the projects today on the Eye Connect Crafts Blog.