Welcome Clearsnap Fans! Lisa Marie Jimenez, here today to show you how to make this UCLA Bruins Cupcake Display and party decor for a themed March Madness Party. Having a team themed party for March Madness does not have to break the bank. In this post I will show you how I turned homemade cupcakes and dollar store party décor into this fabulous spread. Yes, that is right, I went bargain shopping for the paper décor items and turned them into UCLA Bruin’s themed décor with the help of Clearsnaps NCAA Licensed Products.
- ColorBox® UCLS Bruins® Rubber Stamps
- ColorBox® UCLA University Dye Inkpad, UCLA Blue
- ColorBox® UCLA University Dye Inkpad, UCLA Gold
- ColorBox® Art Daubers
- Card Stock Paper, White, Golden Yellow
- White Sticker Paper
- Pennant & Burgee Flag Die Cuts, 2 & 4inches long
- Scallop Edge Oval Die Cut
- Embossing/Die Cut Machine
- Bamboo Skewers
- Paper Cups
- Paper Napkins
How I made this UCLA Bruins Cupcake Display:
1. Make a batch of cupcakes, and then decorate with white frosting. Sprinkle blue and yellow sprinkles on the frosting.
2. Using a die cut machine, cut enough small flags from the white card stock for the amount of cupcakes you have. In this project I used two different style flags, both 2 inches in length. Cut the large flag from the gold card stock. Next cut the scallop edge ovals from the white sticker paper. You will need the same amount as paper cups you have.
3. Stamp the “UCLA Bruins” stamp onto the pennants shaped flag, using the UCLA University Die Ink in UCLA Blue. Next stamp the Mascot Bear Stamp onto the burgee shaped flag, using the UCLA University Ink, in UCLA gold.
4. Use an Art Dauber to add blue ink to the edges of the bear flag. Do the same with the UCLA flag, except use the yellow UCLA University Ink.
5. Stamp the “UCLA Bruins” and the bear onto the large flag, as shown in the picture using blue ink.
6. Cut the bamboo skewers so the small flags will be about 2” above the top of the cupcakes. Fold the end of the flags over and glue around the cut end of the skewers. Cut a skewer for the large flag making sure it sit in the center cupcake and be taller than the smaller flags. Glue the flag to skewer.
7. Stamp the scallop edge oval with the “B” stamp using the UCLA blue University Die Ink. Use an art dauber to add blue ink to the scalloped edges of the sticker. When ink is dry, remove sticker backing and place in the center of the cup. In order to protect the sticker from liquids, I added a few coats of decoupage to the inked sticker.
8. Unfold a small yellow party napkin and cut into 4 pieces following the fold marks. Stamp the mascot bear, using the university blue ink, onto the point of each square. Make as many of these as needed to go around your cupcake stand.
9. Place the stamped napkin squares onto the cupcake stand, as shown in picture. Arrange cupcakes on stand and place the flags into the center of each cupcake, altering the flag styles. Place the large flag into the center cupcake.
Now all you need to do is add dollar store coordinating paper plates and napkins, a few treats and you have a fun and festive UCLA Bruins Cupcake Display and themed décor. I had fun making this cupcake display and adding the UCLA theme was easy to do using ColorBox® NCAA Licensed Products. Clearsnap® has products available for 48 college teams. What products will you choose for your next team inspired project?
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. To see more of my craft and jewelry tutorials, please visit my blog.