Hi Clearsnap fans! Dana here today sharing how to use ColorBox Crafter’s® Ink to stamp on glassine. Glassine is ColorBox Crafter’s® Ink is specially designed to adhere to all kinds of surfaces, in addition to paper, so it was the perfect choice for use on this slick surface.
I recently used tall glassine gift bags to package some artist trading cards for mailing. I cut the top portion of the glassine bags away so that my cards would fit into an envelope. Rather than toss the excess glassine, I decided to use the scraps to create a card set. The stamped glassine helps to elevate the design of my cards, making them look more expensive than they actually were!
In addition to the ColorBox Crafter’s® Ink, I also used several of the new Clearsnap® Wood Block Stamps to create this card set. (Note: The Fire shade of ColorBox Crafter’s® Ink shown above is also available in a Full Size Ink Pad.)
Follow these instructions to create this card:
- Apply ColorBox Crafter’s® Ink to a stamp and firmly press the stamp onto a piece of glassine. Apply heat to set the ink.
- Attach the stamped glassine to a cardstock card base using a translucent adhesive.
- Adhere a Polaroid frame die-cut over the stamped image using 3D Foam Squares.
- Use a label maker to type the sentiment “XOXO.” Place the sentiment sticker onto the lower right-hand corner of the die-cut frame.
I had so much fun stamping up this card set, I think I’ll create several more with the rest of my scraps! Glassine is available in bag, envelope, and sheet form. Try using ColorBox Crafter’s® Ink on a glassine envelope or treat/gift bag.
I altered this plain glassine treat bag in three quick steps!
- Apply ColorBox® Aquamarine Crafter’s Ink directly onto the glassine bag using gentle pressure and a swirling motion. Apply heat to set the ink.
- Apply ColorBox Crafter’s® Fire Ink onto the Love Wood Block Stamp and firmly press the stamp onto the center of a glassine bag. Apply heat to set the ink.
- Place a treat inside the glassine bag. Fold the top edge of the bag down and use a hole punch to make two holes along the top edge of the bag. Secure the bag closed with string.
These stamped treat bags compliment the handmade cards from above. This design is simple enough to mass produce quickly to help spread the love to coworkers or a classroom!