This altered tag began, like many of the tags I create, as a “mojo starter.” I hardly ever create with yellow, so I thought what a perfect opportunity to honor our Veterans past and present! I used several colors of ColorBox® Stephanie Barnard Premium Dye Ink Sprays, with a bit of stamping and Design Adhesives and Designer Foils to create this non-traditional, mixed-media Veterans Day tag.
The background began with a piece of patterned paper cut into the shape of a tag. I primed the background with gesso and let dry. Next, I spritzed the tag with water and Dye Ink Spray in Banana-moving the ink around with a paintbrush to give a watercolor appearance; all inks must be dried before the next application.
I used a technique that I use often, reverse stencil stamping, to apply depth and texture to the background using ColorBox® Art Screens “Numeric and Stars.” I used the Design Elements Design Adhesives to add a bit of texture by very intentionally not applying carefully then added Designer Foils on top for a bit of shiny interest. With a bit of stamping and journaling strips, the tag is complete! How will you honor our Veterans? Thank you so much for stopping by!
- ColorBox® Stephanie Barnard Premium Dye Ink Sprays “Licorice, Artichoke, Banana”
- ColorBox® Spritzers “Putty”
- ColorBox® Art Screen “Stars (Ann Butler), Numeric”
- ColorBox® Archival Dye Ink “Wicked Black”
- Design Adhesives “Design Elements”
- Designer Foils “Gold Mine”
- tag, gesso, patterned paper