Show your favorite teachers how much you appreciate them! I created this mixed media tag from a shipping tag. It was easy to make one, and would be even easier to get several done, assembly line style, for all of your gift giving needs this spring. You’ll notice I’m using the Sweet Spring Mood Board as inspiration for my colors.
I gathered these supplies:
- Clearsnap®: Colorbox® Spritzer (Golf Course), Pigment Ink (Frost White), Donna Salazar Mix’d Media INX® (Verdigris) Mix’d Media® CHOX (Butternut), Art Wheel, Designer Foils (Gold) Stylus and Tips, Embossing Powder (Clear and White)
- Spellbinders®: Heart & Flutter, Bitty Blossoms, Basic Lattice dies
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: Adhesive Sheets, 3D Foam Creative Sheets, Dodz 3D, Crafty Power Tape, Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Lace Ribbon,
- May Arts Ribbon: Ruler ribbon
- Lawn Fawn: Stamp
- Misc: Shipping Tag, Black Pencil, Coffee Filters, Heat Tool, water in a spray bottle, wax paper, Mason Jar
The main design comes from the Art Wheel and Mix’d Media INX in Verdigris & Butternut and a spray of water. Then I used Adhesive Sheets and Clear Embossing Powder for the resist part of the background.
The die cut heart is 3D Foam Creative Sheets with Gold Designer Foil, and a bit of Embossing Powder (not intended to have that, but I like the look of it now) and Mix’d Media INX.
The squares are from the Lattice die cut that I used as a stencil, with both ink colors using the Stylus and Tips.
Randomly add White Frost Pigment dots, and the Thank You sentiment, and emboss with White Embossing Powder.
I die cut the Bitty Blossom from Coffee filters, applied ink directly to the flower before rolling, and through the die cut (as on my How to Use Ink on Metal Dies post here) to color the leaves.
I dyed the ribbon with Golf Course Spritzer in a baggie, rinsed with water to dilute the color and allowed it to dry.
Write a sweet note on the back of the tag and you’re almost ready for gift giving!
In a time crunch, I ran to the bakery to get some yummy cookies. You could bake them yourself, or add teacher supplies or candy to the jar. Decorate the lid with ribbon and voila!
Thanks for visiting! I hope this tag inspires you to create some of your own!