It’s March Craftness! We’re so excited to be included with some of your favorite craft brands who have come together to celebrate National Craft and Quilt Month.
Did you know that studies show that arts and crafts aid in your emotional well-being and can help to reduce stress?
Well we’re here to celebrate for those very reasons… and because it’s just plain fun to make stuff! Sizzix is giving one lucky winner each week the craft tools and materials to be creative and have fun, like these products in this week’s giveaway:
From March 1st to March 28th, Sizzix is giving away over $1,000 in prizes—with one winner chosen each week!
This week of the National Craft Month giveaway with Sizzix is CRAFT TOOLS WEEK!
Scroll through the post for more info on how to enter at the end…right now, let’s check out how Clearsnap Team Member Dana Tatar created a film reel style scrapbook with Sizzix tools and Clearsnap’s iconic Rollagraph Wheel!
Hi! Dana Tatar here today sharing a floral photo reel that has me thinking Spring. I quickly rolled out a film strip with a Clearsnap Rollagraph and Film Strip Design Wheel to create a fun picture display. I embellished the top of this circular wood container with die-cut blooms that I created with the Stephanie Barnard Sizzix Triplets Flower #2 Die Set.
This project can be completed in a couple simple steps.
Step One: Darken a natural wood container by applying a coat of Ann Butler Desert Sand Crafter’s Ink. Set the ink with a heat gun.
Step Two: Insert the Film Strip Design Wheel into a standard Rollagraph Handel, ink up with Dragonfly Black Pigment Ink, and roll the design onto a piece of vellum paper. Apply Black Embossing Powder over the pigment ink and heat to set.
Step Three: Cut the center of each film strip away to create space for photos. Glue photos to the back of the film strip.
Step Four: Cut pastel cardstock with the Stephanie Barnard Sizzix Triplets Flower #2 Die Set. Mix and match the die-cut flowers to create colorful layered blooms.
Step Five: Add color to the petals of die-cut flowers, leaves and chipboard letters with Stephanie Barnard ColorBox Chocolate Dye Ink and embellish the lid of the container.
Step Six: Glue on end of the photo strip to the container and wrap around the center. Tie a colorful ribbon to the end of the photo strip.
This flowery container will double as a gift box for a packet of wildflower seeds.
How would you decorate this box?
- Colorbox Embossing Powder – Black
- Colorbox Pigment Stamp Pad – Dragonfly Black
- Clearsnap Standard Rollagraph Handle
- Clearsnap Rollagraph Design Wheel – Film Strip
- Ann Butler ColorBox Crafter’s Ink – Desert Sand
- Stephanie Barnard ColorBox Premium Dye Inkpad – Chocolate
Sizzix Supplies: Stephanie Barnard Flower #2 Triplets Die Set
Thank you for stopping by today!! Be sure to visit the other sponsors of March Craftness Tools Week:
From March 8th to March 14th, enter for your chance to win:
1) Sizzix: Texture Boutique Beginner’s Kit, Stamper’s Secret Weapon, Plastic Envelopes, 5″ x 6 7/8″ 3 Pack x3, Die Storage Box for Bigz/Bigz L Dies x2, InkSheets Starter Kit
2) Sakura of America: Gelly Roll® Metallic™, Gelly Roll Moonlight® 10, Microperm®, Pigma Micron®, Sumo Grip® 0.9mm pencil, Glaze® glossy dimensional ink pens, Soufflé® matte dimensional ink pens, Pentouch® Calligrapher® fine point paint marker, Permapaque® fine point metallic 3 pk, Cray-Pas Expressionist®, Koi® Coloring Brush, Gelly Roll Stardust® Clear
3) Therm-O-Web: iCraft® Deco Foil™ White Foam Adhesive, iCraft Deco Foil Iron on Transfer Adhesive, iCraft® DECO FOIL™ Transfer Sheets in purple, gold, silver, rainbow, gold leopard, silver stars and red
4) Clearsnap: Rollagraph Wheel, ColorBox Stylus & Tips in Antiquing, ColorBox Cat’s Eye Ink in Guacamole, ColorBox Chalk Ink in Arctic Ink, ColorBox Crafter’s® in Berry, Crafter’s Full Size Inkpad in Aruba, ColorBox® Mini Molding Mats in Scribbles, ColorBox® Art Screens in Stars, Smooch® Illuminate
Don’t miss it! Enter using the Rafflecopter Widget below!